Registration Open for Virginia Tech’s Lean Foundations
Our Lean expert, John Dyer, will guide you through the fundamental principles of Lean thinking and an overview of Lean tools and methods in order to get a more developed understanding of all that Lean has to offer you and your organization.
If you're interested in improving the systems within your organization, you need to know the ins-and-outs of Lean. This course will examine Lean as a philosophy and a system. It will help you identify the benefits and challenges of creating a continuous improvement culture. You will explore ways to get started and leave class with the tools to establish new behaviors and capabilities.
Who should attend:
- Local government
- Non-manufacturers (Lean is for you, too!)
- Small business owners
- Those looking for an introduction to Lean thinking
- the definition of Lean and core concepts
- the history of Lean and its origin
- Lean principles and examples of waste
- the tools and methods of Lean improvement: 5S, Standard Work, Pull, Cells
- the qualities of a continuous improvement culture
- ways to get started on the Lean journey
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Virginia Tech Roanoke Center
Register online. If you have questions, please contact David Conners at email@example.com. View a flyer about this event.