Adult and Higher Education
About the Program
MBU | Master’s | Online – The MEd concentration in Adult and Higher Education prepares individuals interested in working in two- and four-year colleges in various capacities in student affairs, personnel management, academic affairs, admissions, residence life, and other positions of institutional leadership. The program is also designed to prepare individuals seeking careers in other aspects of adult education such as professional development providers, technical education practitioners, and those desiring to work with adult learners in other capacities.
- Adult literacy teacher
- GED diploma teacher
- Training coordinator
- Corporate trainer
- Training and development manager
Cost & Financial Aid
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Apply online for the Master of Education.
Deadlines for applications are as follows:
Fall – July 31
Spring – November 15
Summer – April 15
Applications will require:
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary work
- Two letters of reference from professional
- A goal statement essay
- Praxis Core Scores
Prospective students are encouraged to meet with an education adviser in the most convenient regional location to review admission requirements and determine the best plan of study.