About the Program
MBU | Master’s | Online – The program begins with a business core consisting of six courses that provide the grounding required to understand and apply functional discipline practices required of the members of an executive team, regardless of the business sector.
After the business core students’ choose one of the following four concentrations:
- Healthcare Administration – Delivering knowledge on efficient and effective management for the delivery of healthcare and medical services
- Non-profit Management – Focusing on developing a strategic plan for the organization to build productive revenue streams, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach
- Strategic Management – Providing internal strategic management or external consulting on ways to improve operations through systems or organizational change
- Sustainable Enterprise – Targeting business planning to launch a new social or environmental focused business
The program culminates with the Apex Project course is the comprehensive application of the MBA curriculum in a strategic context. This course is a platform for demonstrating the student’s detailed knowledge of concentration business systems and functions through the completion of a business planning or strategic planning project to showcase these capabilities.
The courses in the MBA business core focus on providing students a general knowledge of the various aspects of leading and managing an organization regardless of size or longevity.
- Healthcare Administrator
- Clinical Manager
- Executive Director
- Program Manager
- Executive Management
- Director of Sustainability
- Social Entrepreneur
Courses & Requirements
36 Credit Hours
The program is accessible to all students regardless of undergraduate major. Those without a business-related degree will complete a pre-MBA course. The integration of all the classes is a definite asset from the point of view of the APEX students once they see how much they have done. Their prior coursework allows them to focus on the creation of new businesses.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Bachelor’s degree: If the degree is not in business, accounting, or an approved business-related field, the applicant will take a pre-MBA course to build a base of business knowledge.
GPA: Minimum standard of 3.0; consideration given for work experience and/or other degree work
Work experience: Preferred, but not required. Prospective students should submit a resumé to have work experience as a `part of an overall application.
Essay: A short written essay is required to evaluate an applicant’s level of interest in the program and writing capability.
Interview: Individual interviews may be requested by the review committee.
Exceptions made on a case-by-case basis.