Business – Emphasis in Accounting
About the Program
MBU | Bachelor’s | Online – From entrepreneur to investment advisor to nonprofit fundraiser, Mary Baldwin business graduates are prepared for a staggering and perennially popular range of careers. Our general business program equips you with a broad-based understanding of the business world, while the marketing and communication major focuses on learning how to help organizations effectively and responsibly communicate their brand.
The degree in Business is a preparation for engaging in the world after graduation in almost any endeavor, whether profit-seeking or not. The core of the program focuses on three critical abilities:
- To communicate one’s ideas to others and to learn from them
- To organize people and activities in order to effectively accomplish one’s goals
- To track and evaluate progress against those goals
Students will be required to complete a series of business courses intended to provide a foundation in essential business competencies which will be supplemented by additional coursework in one of seven emphasis areas.
- Public accountant
- Financial accountant
- Financial analyst
- Fraud examiner
Cost & Financial Aid
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary work