Certificate in Long Term Care Administration
About the Program
MBU | Certificate | Online – Twenty-nine semester hours are required for this certificate. Twenty-one semester hours of coursework (7 courses) plus a 400-hour supervised internship (eight semester hours) are required. Up to nine semester hours (3 courses) may be transferred from other colleges or completed by prior learning portfolio. This certificate is available to any individual interested in gaining knowledge and skill in the field of long term care.
However, if one is interested in becoming a licensed long term care administrator in the State of Virginia, there are certain requirements to be aware of as you proceed toward taking the licensing exam.
There are three ways to become eligible to sit for the nursing home administrator’s licensing exam in Virginia:
- one must have a Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration with a 320-hour internship under an approved preceptor,
- or do an Administrator-in-Training (AIT) Program,
- or obtain a Certificate in Long Term Care Administration coupled with a non-Health Care Administration Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
This Certificate program qualifies you to sit for the Virginia state licensing exam under the third option.
Courses are available online, in group tutorial formats at your local Mary Baldwin center, on campus in Staunton through traditional classroom mode, or by independent study. You will need to complete all coursework with a grade of C- or better.
Upon completion of the program you receive a certificate in Long Term Care Administration and a special designation on your transcript.
- Nursing home administrator
- Assisted living facilitator
- Hospital long term care program coordinator
Courses & Requirements
29 Credit Hours
Cost & Financial Aid
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass