About the Program
UVA | Master’s | Online – Earn your professional Chemical Engineering Masters of Engineering degree online from the University of Virginia – one of the top-ranked universities in the nation. We’ve been delivering accredited engineering courses to students electronically for over 30 years, making their dreams of professional advancement possible even while they maintain a demanding career. It’s all about the flexibility!
Almost all CGEP courses are delivered in a real-time, interactive format, where learning occurs alongside on-grounds student peers. That said, you always have the option of viewing classroom recordings at your convenience. Work toward your degree or take a single class. You can even take classes toward your degree from one of our four partner institutions.
Courses & Requirements
30 credit hours | Course Checklist
This graduate program in chemical engineering prepares men and women for advanced work in the chemical, plastics, energy, and pharmaceutical industries, as well as for many other industrial and government positions. A program of studies leading to the Master of Engineering (ME) degree usually consists of five core courses:
- ChE 6615 – Advanced Thermodynamics
- ChE 6618 – Chemical Reaction Engineering
- ChE 6625 – Transport Processes
- ChE 6630 – Mass Transfer
- ChE 6665 – Techniques for Chemical Engineering Analysis and Design
Cost & Financial Aid
UVa CGEP Tuition & Fees (Academic Year 2016-2017):
In-State Tuition: $620/credit hour ($1860/3-credit course)
Out-of-State Tuition: $1019/credit hour ($3057/3-credit course)
Comprehensive Fee: $35/credit hour ($105/ 3-credit course)
(The in-state and out-of-state totals are $1,965 and $3,162, respectively, for each 3-credit course.)
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
- Complete a School of Engineering Graduate Application to the degree program or submit a Permission to Enroll form to take a class as a non-degree seeking student.
- A complete application to the degree will include the online application form, CV/resume, test scores, official transcript(s), letters of recommendation, and an essay.