About the Program
UVA | Master’s | Online – Earn your professional Civil Engineering Masters of Engineering degree online from the University of Virginia – one of the top-ranked universities in the nation. We’ve been delivering accredited engineering courses to students electronically for over 30 years, making their dreams of professional advancement possible even while they maintain a demanding career. It’s all about the flexibility!
Almost all CGEP courses are delivered in a real-time, interactive format, where learning occurs alongside on-grounds student peers. That said, you always have the option of viewing classroom recordings at your convenience. Work toward your degree or take a single class. You can even take classes toward your degree from one of our four partner institutions.
Courses & Requirements
30 credit hours | Course Checklist
The emphasis of this degree is in infrastructure systems. Typical courses for students pursuing the Civil Engineering ME degree:
CE 6010 – Computational Methods in Civil Engineering
CE 6030 – Green Engineering and Sustainability
CE 6040 – Infrastructure Management
CE 5400 – Traffic Operations
CE 5410 – Introduction to Transportation Planning
CE 6050 – Non-destructive Evaluation of Civil Engineering Systems
CE 6330 – Introduction to Finite Elements
CE 6450 – Transportation Safety
CE6250 – Environmental Systems Modeling & Management
SYS 6005 – Stochastic Systems
MAE 6410 – Engineering Mathematics I
MAE 6430 – Statistics for Engineers & Scientists
MSE 6050 – Structure and Properties of Materials I
Cost & Financial Aid
UVa CGEP Tuition & Fees (Academic Year 2016-2017):
In-State Tuition: $620/credit hour ($1860/3-credit course)
Out-of-State Tuition: $1019/credit hour ($3057/3-credit course)
Comprehensive Fee: $35/credit hour ($105/ 3-credit course)
(The in-state and out-of-state totals are $1,965 and $3,162, respectively, for each 3-credit course.)
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
- Complete a School of Engineering Graduate Application to the degree program or submit a Permission to Enroll form to take a class as a non-degree seeking student.
- A complete application to the degree will include the online application form, CV/resume, test scores, official transcript(s), letters of recommendation, and an essay.