Confined Space Train the Trainer
About the Program
Working with the Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, RHEC offers a wide selection of OSHA training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
This Trainer Course in Permit-Required Confined Spaces is recommended for inspectors, auditors, safety and health professionals and those personnel responsible for writing, auditing, or training employees with an active role in permit space entry. This course was developed and designed to educate participants to train all about aspects of 29 CFR 1910.146 and 29 1926.1200 Subpart AA Confined Space in Construction.
Prerequisites: In order to attend this course you must have completed the OSHA 2264 Permit-Required Confined Space Entry course within the last 12 months and provide the CRSC with a copy of your course completion certificate.
Courses & Requirements
This program provides the elements to develop a good Confined Spaces Training Program to include
- Determine Confined Spaces training needs
- Identify goals and objectives
- Develop learning activities (i.e., lecture, on-the-job, hands-on, discussion, or a combination of all of these)
- Conduct the training- each student will be responsible to develop and present an assigned topic on Confined Spaces to the class and be evaluated on that presentation.
- Evaluate the Program.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Registration material may be found online at https://chesapeakesc.org/, or call 1.800.875.4770.
Registration forms can be mailed to: MAOTIEC/Chesapeake Region Safety Council- 2555 Lord Baltimore Dr., Suite N-R, Baltimore, MD 21244 or faxed to 410.281.1350.