Education – Curriculum and Instruction
About the Program
AU | Master’s | Online – Advance your knowledge of the teaching and learning process and curriculum design principles with a Master of Education (M.Ed.) with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction. This 15-month, 30-credit, online program for certified Virginia teachers will elevate your expertise and help you more effectively teach to students’ strengths.
This program is for applicants who are currently licensed to teach in Virginia.
As a graduate of the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction program, you will have a deeper understanding of the teaching and learning process, including assessment methods and instructional techniques. You will be capable of being a curriculum advisor or leader in a K-12 school.
This program emphasizes research methods and critical analysis of educational research. Course topics include:
- Evaluating instructional procedures
- Curriculum development and design
- Adolescent and child psychology
- Meeting the needs of exceptional learners
- Digitally-mediated instruction
Cost & Financial Aid
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass