Electrical Safety Train the Trainer
About the Program
Working with the Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, RHEC offers a wide selection of OSHA training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
This Trainer Course in Electrical Safety is recommended for inspectors, auditors, safety and health professionals and those personnel responsible for writing, auditing, or training employees with an active role in electrical safety policy and procedures.
Prerequisites: In order to attend this course you must have completed the OSHA 3095 Electrical Standards course within the last 12 months and provide the CRSC with a copy of your course completion certificate.
This course allows the student to become a trainer in the OSHA Outreach Training Program.
Courses & Requirements
This program provides the elements to develop a good Electrical Safety Training Program to include
- Determine electrical safety training needs
- Identify goals and objectives
- Identify materials and information necessary to train employees
- Develop learning activities (i.e., lecture, on-the-job, hands-on, discussion, or a combination of all of these)
- Conduct the training- each student will be responsible to develop and present an assigned topic on electrical safety to the class and be evaluated on that presentation.
- Evaluate Training and Presentations
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Registration material may be found online at https://chesapeakesc.org/, or call 1.800.875.4770.
Registration forms can be mailed to: MAOTIEC/Chesapeake Region Safety Council- 2555 Lord Baltimore Dr., Suite N-R, Baltimore, MD 21244 or faxed to 410.281.1350.