Excavation, Trenching & Soil Mechanics Trainer
About the Program
Working with the Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, RHEC offers a wide selection of OSHA training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley to be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
This Trainer Course in Trenching and Excavation is recommended for inspectors, auditors, safety and health professionals and those personnel responsible for writing, auditing, or training employees with an active role in trenching and excavations. This course was developed and designed to educate participants to train about all aspects of 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P Excavations.
Prerequisite: In order to attend this course you must have completed the OSHA 3015 EXCAVATION, TRENCHING AND SOIL MECHANICS course within the last 12 months and provide the CRSC with a copy of your course completion certificate.
This program provides the elements to develop a good Trenching and Excavation Training Program to include:
- Determine training needs
- Identify goals and objectives
- Develop learning activities (i.e., lecture, on-the-job, hands-on, discussion, or a combination of all of these)
- Conduct the training – each student will be responsible to develop and present an assigned topic on Trenching and Excavations to the class and be evaluated on that presentation.
- Evaluate the Training Program
Course Includes: A student binder and a USB which includes:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Video clips
- Test questions
- Additional resource information for
- Trenching and Excavations.
- lunch and refreshments
Please note, to register for this course you must have completed the OSHA 3015 EXCAVATION, TRENCHING AND SOIL MECHANICS and pass the course exam with an 80% or higher.
Member Price: $265
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass