Gifted Education Online Course Series
About the Program
UVA | Online – The online Gifted Education course series that can lead to endorsement focuses on preparing teachers and administrators to address the characteristics and needs of gifted children. The topics include an overview of issues in the definition of giftedness, identification, curriculum, instructional strategies, program options, special populations, and evaluation.
- Teacher of gifted students
- Coordinator of gifted education programs
Courses & Requirements
12 course credit hours plus 45 instructional hour teaching practicum | Course Checklist
Courses in the Gifted Education Online series will:
- Develop educators’ understanding of the field of gifted education;
- Prepare teachers and administrators to make research-based decisions in developing programs and curriculum for gifted students;
- Prepare teachers and administrators to teach gifted students;
- Increase educator appreciation of the wide range of giftedness and the issues in identifying and serving gifted students from diverse populations; and
- Strengthen and enhance leadership capacity in the field of gifted education.
Course topics include intro to the gifted, models and strategies for teaching the gifted, curriculum for the gifted, and differentiation of instruction for gifted learners.
Cost & Financial Aid
K-12 Educator Discount Rate – $335 in-state; $750 out-of-state, including fees
Non-K-12 Educator Online Tuition, (same in-state and out-of-state): $535/credit hour including fees
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Students interested in taking courses in this series must fill out a Permission to Enroll form; no application is needed.