M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction
About the Program
UVA | Master’s | Online – The Curry School is pleased to offer a Master of Education Degree in Curriculum and Instruction entirely online. This program is designed for individuals who want to make a difference in educational settings by developing more effective instructional practices and better curriculum development strategies.
The Curry Difference
- Choose a 15 credit focus from the following areas:Reading Education; Gifted Education; English Language Learners; Instructional Technology
- We teach the same robust curriculum online as is taught in the classroom.
- Courses are taught by faculty with years of experience and depth of expertise, with a strong commitment to students’ education and personal development.
- Our intimate class sizes allow for ease of interaction and robust sharing of ideas.
- Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of completely online learning using engaging state-of-the-art online instructional techniques.
- Take the program either full time or part time.
- Curriculum development
- Teacher training
Courses & Requirements
30 credit hours | Course Checklist
Students will take courses in curriculum design and assessment as well 15 credits in one of these focus areas: Reading Education, Gifted Education, English Language Learners, or Instructional Technology. Courses will vary depending on focus area.
Students will learn how to:
- Analyze and evaluate key trends in curriculum history, theory, and philosophy
- Design curriculum and instruction from a variety of standards
- Evaluate curriculum, instruction, and aligned assessments
- Use student data to inform curricular and instructional decisions
- Align assessments with learning needs and/or desired performance, curriculum, and instruction
- Apply a variety of theoretically-informed, research-based instructional strategies and models
- Accommodate the many forms of diversity that be should represented in curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Identify the impact of globalization and technology on curriculum and instruction designed for all ages
- Infuse educational practices that encourage equity and access for all learners.
Cost & Financial Aid
K-12 Educator Discount Rate – $335 in-state; $750 out-of-state, including fees
Non-K-12 Educator Online Tuition, (same in-state and out-of-state): $535/credit hour including fees
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Applicants must meet the requirements for admission to the MEd program. These include successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, two recommendations solicited through the online application from faculty and/or employers, a goal statement, and unofficial transcripts (updated to the application).
More information on application requirements.