OSHA 510 – Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
About the Program
Offered by Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, this course will be held at the Roanoke Higher Education Center, Host Training Organization.
This course covers OSHA Standards, policies, and procedures in the construction industry. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA Construction Standards, construction safety and health principles, and special emphasis on those areas in construction which are most hazardous. Upon course completion students will have the ability to define construction terms found in the OSHA Construction Standards, identify hazards which occur in the construction industry, locate and determine appropriate OSHA Construction Standards, policies, and procedures, and describe the use of the OSHA Construction Standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program.
Course Includes: Student binder, OSHA CFR 1926 Construction Regulations Book,
Lunch and Refreshments for in person classes
Course Time: 4 days, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time
Contact Hours: 26
- This course is a prerequisite to the OSHA #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry.
- This course is a required course towards earning the OSHA Safety and Health Fundamentals Certificate Programs as well as the MAOTIEC Construction Safety and Health Specialist Certificate.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply