OSHA 510 – Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
About the Program
Working with the Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, RHEC offers a wide selection of OSHA training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
OSHA 510 course covers OSHA Standards, policies, and procedures in the construction industry. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA Construction Standards, construction safety and health principles, and special emphasis on those areas in construction which are most hazardous. Upon course completion students will have the ability to define construction terms found in the OSHA Construction Standards, identify hazards which occur in the construction industry, locate and determine appropriate OSHA Construction Standards, policies, and procedures, and describe the use of the OSHA Construction Standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program.
- OSHA 510 is a prerequisite for the OSHA #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry.
- This course counts toward the Public Sector Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate Program for Construction.
Courses & Requirements
- Introduction to OSHA
- OSH Act
- Citations and Penalties
- Hand and Power Tools
- Safety Programs
- Fall Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Stairways and Ladders
- Confined Space
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Registration material may be found online at https://www.oshamidatlantic.org/, or call 1.800.875.4770.
Registration forms can be mailed to: MAOTIEC/Chesapeake Region Safety Council- 2555 Lord Baltimore Dr., Suite N-R, Baltimore, MD 21244 or faxed to 410.281.1350.