OSHA 30 Hour For Construction Industry
About the Program
Working with the Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, RHEC offers a wide selection of OSHA training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley to be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Facilitators identify safety and health principles that help you meet OSHA requirements. Special emphasis is placed on areas in construction that most commonly result in worker injury or property damage. You are also briefed on basic instructional approaches, improving compliance communication, and training at the work site.
Topics Include but not limited to:
- Introduction to OSHA, OSH Act, & Introduction to OSHA Standards
- Fall Protection
- Caught-In or Between
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Health Hazards in Construction
- Material Handling
- Hazard Communication
- Ladders and Stairs
Course Materials Include: Lunch and Student Materials
Member Rate: $625
Non-Member Rate: $675
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass