Principles of Occupational Safety and Health
About the Program
Working with the Chesapeake Region Safety Council, RHEC offers National Safety Council training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (POSH) is an intensive course covering 19 topics which will give you a firm foundation in the fundamentals of workplace safety and health. This course curriculum, with important safety concepts and emphasis on best practices, builds a core for implementing and managing a safety program.
POSH is a stand-alone certificate and a required course towards earning the NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate.
Courses & Requirements
During this course, you will
- Complete a nationally recognized safety curriculum based on proven best practices
- Develop critical thinking skills to effectively address safety issues
- Learn to identify hazards and implement corrective actions
- Earn 2.6 CEUs that are accepted by BCSP and AIHA and other professional certifications
$1,295 CRSC/NSC member price
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Registration material may be found online, or by calling 1.800.875.4770.
Registration forms can be mailed to: MAOTIEC/Chesapeake Region Safety Council- 2555 Lord Baltimore Dr., Suite N-R, Baltimore, MD 21244 or faxed to 410.281.1350.