Safety Management Techniques – National Safety Council
About the Program
Working with the Chesapeake Region Safety Council, RHEC offers National Safety Council training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Safety Management Techniques (SMT) is designed to assist safety and health professionals who are responsible for managing employees and/or projects in safety and health efforts. SMT is part of the curriculum toward achieving the NSC’s Advanced Safety Certificate. Attend this course if you are coordinating, supervising, or managing safety and health efforts at your facility/company. Designed for the safety leader, this course meets the needs of safety and health committee leaders, supervisors, and middle/upper managers.
Upon course completion, you will have 2.6 CEUs toward the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate and be able to
- Create a safety and health management plan for their company or facility
- Use problem-solving and decision making to help resolve their organization’s safety and health issues
- Assess organizational practice and environmental concerns
- Develop a budget for their safety and health efforts
Courses & Requirements
What you will learn:
- Identify the fundamental principles of safety management
- Recognize the key elements of NSC’s safety management system
- Determine your role as a safety and health professional and define line management’s safety and health responsibilities
- Identify leadership strategies that contribute to your success as a manager
- Recognize the dynamics of organizational safety culture
- Recognize strategies and steps to create organizational and individual change
- Enhance your interviewing, consulting, and influencing skills to enlist support from key people in your organization
- Use measurement tools to track the progress of your organization’s safety management system
$1,295 CRSC/NSC member price
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Registration material may be found online at https://www.oshamidatlantic.org/, or call 1.800.875.4770.
Registration forms can be mailed to: MAOTIEC/Chesapeake Region Safety Council- 2555 Lord Baltimore Dr., Suite N-R, Baltimore, MD 21244 or faxed to 410.281.1350.