Safety Training Methods
About the Program
Working with the Chesapeake Region Safety Council, RHEC offers National Safety Council training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
Safety Training Methods focuses on the knowledge and skills required to assess your training needs, as well as plan, organize, create, and deliver performance-based safety and health training programs. While emphasis is on developing and delivering instructor-led/classroom training, you’ll become acquainted with other instructional methods and media used to effectively train employees on safety and health issues. This course is a challenging and interactive learning experience. Combined with information, numerous group and independent learning activities provide opportunities to apply newly learned concepts to a variety of safety and health training scenarios.
Upon course completion, you will have 2.6 CEUs toward the NSC Advanced Safety Certificate and be able to
- Improve the safety performance of your workforce
- Make educated decisions about the safety and health training needs of your workforce
- Create analysis, performance objectives, instructional strategy and methods, content, media, delivery, evaluation, and costs
Courses & Requirements
During this course, you will:
- Plan and design a training program applicable to your work environment
- Learn strategies and methods that address adult learning needs
- Complete a training needs analysis
- Identify training and non-training solutions for safety and health case studies
- Calculate direct and indirect training costs
Discuss safety and health training issues with other safety professionals
$1,295 CRSC/NSC member price
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Registration material may be found online, or by calling 1.800.875.4770.
Registration forms can be mailed to: MAOTIEC/Chesapeake Region Safety Council- 2555 Lord Baltimore Dr., Suite N-R, Baltimore, MD 21244 or faxed to 410.281.1350