- Support the Roanoke Higher Education Center’s strategic vision and broaden its base of support.
- Enhance continuous learning experiences, create facility improvements, and expand opportunities by cultivating partnerships and maximizing resources with fiscal integrity.
- Promote new ideas of entrepreneurship and continuous improvement of programs, degrees, certificates, and endorsements.
- Develop and maintain a level of support to the Roanoke Higher Education Center on an ongoing basis.
- Respond to the needs of the community as it concerns talent development and job growth.
- Create partnerships with businesses and industries.
Areas of Financial Need:
Operational: Unrestricted funds utilized for everyday use to address the needs of day-to-day operations.
Capital: Involves changes in the Center’s physical plant, such as renovations and upgrades that are not funded through state, higher education equipment trust, or capital maintenance reserve funding.
Endowment: Establish a permanent fund to benefit operations or to support a specific program.
- Unrestricted Gifts – to further the mission of the Authority
- Career Center Funding – to assist students and workers, employees and employers in the region
- Scholarship Funding – to provide tuition assistance to attend classes at RHEC in collaboration with partner institutions
- Innovation Funding – to provide seed money to encourage and incentivize new program development in collaboration with partner institutions
Roanoke Higher Education Center Foundation Board of Directors
Senator John S. Edwards | Chair
Dr. Kay Dunkley | President
Lori Van Curen, CPFO | Treasurer
Jaime Miller | Secretary
Dr. Melissa Lubin | Institutional Representative
Dr. William E. Amos
John P. Fishwick, Jr.
J. Randolph Garrett III
Frank C. Martin
Dr. Thomas L. McKeon
Charles A. Price