Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Full-Time)
Organization: Roanoke Higher Education Authority
Description: The Roanoke Higher Education Authority has a full-time salaried position available to perform maintenance and analysis of complex financial records for the Authority and the Roanoke Higher Education Center Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform complex financial analysis and financial reporting for the Authority (a governmental entity) and the Foundation (a non-profit entity).
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration in the areas of accounting, finance, budgeting, financial forecasting, reporting, and auditing.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual external audit.
- Research and implement new applicable regulatory and professional standards for government (Authority) and non-profit (Foundation) reporting to ensure conformance with GAAP, GASB, FASB, IRS and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Perform revenue and expense forecasting.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls, policy, and procedure manuals.
- Responsible for payroll oversight, review, and related filings.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter with demonstrated capability in finance, accounting, and teamwork. The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Five years of experience in financial accounting, auditing, or related field.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with a strong emphasis in Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- CPA or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO).
- Related work in the public sector, particularly with a state agency.
- Related work in non-profit accounting and reporting.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS).
This position offers an excellent benefits package which includes health insurance, participation in the Virginia Retirement System (VRS), generous paid leave policy, paid short and long term disability, and paid life insurance. Salary commensurate with experience and credentials.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through noon on Monday, February 1, 2021.