Senior Accountant (Full Time)
Organization: Roanoke Higher Education Authority
Description: The Roanoke Higher Education Authority has a full time salaried position available that performs maintenance and analysis of complex financial records for the Authority and the Roanoke Higher Education Center Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration in the areas of accounting, finance, budgeting, financial forecasting, reporting and auditing.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual external audit.
- Maintain all aspects of the fixed asset accounting system.
- Perform revenue and expense forecasting.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls systems, policy and procedure manuals.
- Responsible for payroll oversight, review, and related filings.
Successful candidate should be a self-starter with demonstrated capability in finance, accounting, and team work. The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in financial accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with strong emphasis in Excel
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical abilities
- CPA or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO)
- Related work in the public sector, particular with a state agency
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS)
This position offers an excellent benefits package which includes Blue Cross health insurance, participation in the Virginia Retirement System, generous paid time off, paid short and long term disability, and paid life insurance.
Hiring Range: $50,000 to 65,000/year.
Educational Testing Assistant (Part Time)
Organization: Roanoke Higher Education Authority
Description: Roanoke Higher Education Center has a part time position available for an individual interested in working flexible hours. Duties include checking identification, admission, seating, and monitoring of examinees, in support of the administration of computerized and paper-based college, state, industry, and national tests and assessments. Qualified applicants will have very strong computer skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. High School Diploma or equivalent required. One year of customer service experience required. Applicants must be available to work two Saturdays per month and must be willing to work a flexible schedule during the week, which may include early morning and evening hours. Successful candidate will work up to 29 hours per week at a rate of $11 per hour.
Administrative and Program Coordinator (Full Time)
Organization: Virginia Tech Roanoke Center
Description: The Administrative and Program Coordinator will assist with conducting program planning, budgeting, marketing, and management of noncredit professional programs and events. The coordinator will help define and coordinate the timeline and scope of services for assigned programs; working with the Executive Director and coordinating with Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) and Engagement Finance units to support program implementation. The coordinator will implement and develop marketing plans for programs through social media, digital marketing, and other promotional outlets; providing client development and proposal preparation support. Responsible for payment processing; maintaining and reconciling program financial records using the Banner Financial System; preparing accounting/purchasing forms, travel reimbursements, and processing vendor invoices; assisting in supporting the daily operations of the center through assisting faculty, students, clients, and participants associated with all outreach, graduate, professional development, and meeting management activities. Will provide support of the daily operations of the Virginia Tech Roanoke Center based on the center program and implementation needs. Will support the Executive Director and Roanoke staff in a wide variety of tasks including marketing and customer support, classroom set up and reception duties. Must be able to safely and frequently move and handle moderate weight (20-50 lbs).
- Experience in a continuing education setting, hospitality environment, or project management environment.
- Experience developing, managing and implementing programs such as conferences, workshops, or short courses.
- Marketing experience.
- Previous customer service and/or administrative support experience in an academic or business setting.
- Computer experience to include Microsoft Office, databases, and social media applications.
- Ability to assist with developing budgets and understand and work within a budget plan to meet stated financial goals with executive director and/or program manager direction.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and handle on-location changes and emergencies.
- Ability to handle numerous projects and details simultaneously and accurately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or equivalent level of training and/or experience.
- Experience working within higher education and/or professional development organization preferred.
- Experience in training and development and/or meeting management preferred.
- Experience in grant writing.
How to Apply: Apply by visiting the VT Applicant Portal.