Director of Facility Services (Full Time)
Organization: Roanoke Higher Education Authority
Description: The Roanoke Higher Education Authority has a full time position available that is responsible for the management of the Center’s buildings, grounds, and related services including: leasing, maintenance, security, construction ,and related support services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that facility buildings and grounds are well maintained.
- Supervises contracted services such as security, housekeeping, and preventative maintenance.
- Supervises assigned staff to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Serves in a leadership role as a member of the Executive Team.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages the facility services budget.
Successful candidate should be capable of: managing a facility, developing and managing a budget, overseeing vendor contracts, complying with procurement guidelines, strategic planning, and teamwork. Strong leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously are essential. Working knowledge of multiple building systems and related software are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction, property management, or a related field or commensurate work experience.
- Facility management experience or knowledge/experience in related trades.
- Experience managing a facility or departmental budget.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Graduate degree.
- Knowledge of contract negotiations and procurement.
- Certification/licensure in building trades.