Search the Library
Get Help with Research
Services and Collections
- On-site access to more than 200 databases
- Over 30,000 full-text journals
- Circulating collection of 3,500 books
- Test preparation guides (CLEP, MAT, Praxis, & more)
- Newspapers and magazines
- Interlibrary loan service
- Photocopying and faxing
- Scanning, laminating, and printing
The Roanoke Higher Education Center Library distributes a monthly e-newsletter to keep Center students, staff and faculty informed of library announcements, new books and resources, research tips, and library services.
Accessing the Library
To access the library, you will need to have an RHEC library card and sign-in using our touch screen system. Students, clients, faculty, and staff may apply for a library card at the circulation desk. You must provide valid state-issued photo identification and proof of your current status, such as:
- University or school identification
- Letter of acceptance
- Current semester course schedule
- Signed letter from a member institution.
Community Borrowers and Guests
Anyone not affiliated with the Roanoke Higher Education Center may apply for a community borrower membership for a nominal annual fee. Guests participating in meetings, training sessions, or day rental activities can request temporary access from library staff.