Bachelor of Science in Nursing
About the Program
As a leader in nursing education, the Radford University School of Nursing provides students with the opportunity to excel in a field where the demand grows stronger each year. The program prepares professional nurses who can function in a variety of settings. This program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing and has full accreditation by CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education).
Graduates qualify to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination in the state of their choice. Membership in the Epsilon Psi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, the Honor Society of Nursing is available to qualified students who demonstrate outstanding academic and leadership abilities. The Army ROTC has designated RU as a partner in Nursing Education.
The program in nursing is demanding both academically and physically. Students admitted to the upper division must meet the ethical and technical standards of professional nursing, health records, criminal background checks, and urine drug testing are required. Due to the rigorous program, upper-division students are discouraged from working outside of school for more than 10 hours per week.
Graduation from this program will result in the earning of the BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing), preparation for the NCLEX-RN exam (the national licensing exam for registered nurses), and entry level practice to any of a variety of fields in nursing. It also is excellent preparation for graduate nursing education.
Courses & Requirements
123 credit hours needed to graduate.
60 (upper division) credit hours offered at the Roanoke Higher Education Center site.
Cost & Financial Aid
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
- On site meeting with RU Faculty Advisor/Program Coordinator, Dr. Sharla Cooper (540) 767-6188 or email@example.com
- Program coordinator has on-site office and advising hours
- Textbooks ordered online and shipped to Roanoke students at no cost
- Center for Accessibility Services
- McConnell Library services for Extended Campus Students
- Clinical Simulation Center (also on site at RHEC)