Certified Nursing Assistant Program
About the Program
The Certified Nursing Assistant program prepares students to enter the field of Nursing. Our program provides both the classroom and clinical training required by the State Board of Health Professionals.
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Registered Nurse
Courses & Requirements
Minimum of 103 classroom hours, and 40 hours of clinical training
Clients will be prepared to enter the field of nursing. Students are prepared by state-licensed nursing instructors and will cover topics necessary to gain certification, including:
- Hands-on clinical experience
- Preparation for state examination
Cost & Financial Aid
Currently the cost for the class is $825 per person (subject to change).
Financial assistance is available for clients whose income is 200% or less of the area median income for Roanoke, Virginia.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
TAP’s programs are designed to offer career and educational opportunities with low-income people and their families in mind. While programs can vary, the strategies and resources TAP programs collectively offer cover a wide range of needs:
- Classes and workshops to prepare students for tests and certifications (incl. GED)
- Coaches and advisors
- Job placement partnerships with local employers
How to Apply
The Certified Nursing Assistant program is located at the Roanoke Higher Education Center, 108 N. Jefferson Street, Suite 503 Roanoke, Virginia. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information, please call (540) 767-6219 or (540) 767-6220.