About the Program
RU | Master’s | Online – The Department of Criminal Justice offers Master of Arts and Master of Sciences degrees in Criminal Justice in a completely online format. Admission and completion criteria for the degrees is the same as the on campus M.A. and M.S. degrees and are taught by the same faculty, but allow students to complete their degree without attending class on campus. This option is geared to working professionals wishing to obtain a graduate degree part time while continuing to work. Students who complete two classes during fall, spring, and summer semesters will earn their degree in two years.
- Law enforcement
- Community and institutional corrections
- Victim resource and advocacy
- Courts and legal professions
Courses & Requirements
36 credit hours | Course Checklist
Online students can complete the program in two years enrolling in two courses in each semester (fall, spring, summer). Students must complete all requirements for their master’s degree within six years. No courses more than six years old at the time of graduation may count as part of the hours for graduation.
Cost & Financial Aid
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
As a student of Radford University, you will have access to:
- Textbooks ordered online and shipped to Roanoke students at no cost
- Radford University Computer Lab On-site
- Center for Accessibility Services
- McConnell Library Services for Extended Campus Students
- On-site service staff