About the Program
At IMPACT, we understand that as a working professional, your time is valuable. Our structured, self-paced learning activities are designed for busy adults and delivered asynchronously online, meaning you can get the training you need at times that are most convenient to you. Our competency-based training approach teaches specific, job-related skills that will prepare you to get ahead in your field. The innovative competency-based education model allows you to receive credits based on skills developed by your previous work experience.
The Vinod Chachra IMPACT Lab is currently focused on three main workforce development areas: cybersecurity, geospatial intelligence and education.
Courses & Requirements
The Cybersecurity Certificate program enables working adults to learn online, at their own pace, to master critical cybersecurity workplace competencies. The Cybersecurity Certificate Program is mapped directly to industry standards (e.g., NIST) and professional certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+). The program also provides extensive hands-on experience in state-of-the-art virtualized remote labs. In addition, Radford University has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by both the National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
Radford University Resources Available To Students Enrolled Via RHEC:
- Radford University Bookstore
- McConnell Library
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Center for Accessibility Services
- Military Resource Center
- Financial Aid Office
- Career Center at Radford University
- Division of Student Affairs
- Division of Information Technology (Radford University 25 station Computer Lab on Site at RHEC)
How to Apply
Companies and individuals interested in this program are asked to contact IMPACT directly.