Doctor of Education (Ed.D)
About the Program
RU | Doctorate | Online – Radford University’s Doctor of Education degree (Ed.D.) is designed to prepare practicing professional educators to fill positions as educational leaders at the district level in Virginia. Successful completion of this fully online program qualifies program completers for licensure as a superintendent. This 63 credit hour program includes courses in Educational Foundations, Educational Leadership, Applied Research, Field Experiences and Elective choices and is designed to be completed in three years as a part-time student.
- Educational Leaders at district level
- School Superintendent
Courses & Requirements
63 credit hours
Includes courses in Educational Foundations, Educational Leadership, Applied Research, Field Experiences and Elective choices.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
As a student of Radford University, you will have access to:
- McConnell Library
- Center for Accessibility Services – CAS serves and supports students, family members and visitors seeking reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Radford University Bookstore – Order textbooks online and have them delivered to you at home or business
- Harvey Knowledge Center
- International Admissions
How to Apply
We will begin accepting applications on June 1, 2019 for our first cohort of students who will begin in January 2020.