Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice, entry-to-practice
About the Program
VCU | Doctorate | Hybrid – The mission of the Department of Nurse Anesthesia is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to work as part of an interprofessional team to serve the public through the delivery of safe, cost-efficient, quality anesthesia services and to develop leaders and scholars who will advance the specialty of nurse anesthesia through research, scholarship and public service.
The Department offers an Entry to Practice Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice program at the Roanoke Higher Education Center. This 36-month, 93-credit-hour BS to DNAP program includes both traditional and hybrid course offerings preparing advanced practice registered nurses with the DNAP degree while meeting all requirements for national certification as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists.
Courses & Requirements
- Hybrid – Enables graduate students to continue working during the first 2 semesters of the program. Involves both on-site and distance coursework.
- Onsite – Graduate Students attend classes/clinical daily starting the 3rd semester through the 9th semester.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
As a student of VCU, you will have access to:
How to Apply
View more information about the admissions process and requirements.