Doctor of Nursing Practice
About the Program
Radford University’s School of Nursing offers an online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program to prepare registered nurses with a bachelor’s degree in nursing science (BSN), a master’s degree (MS), or a master’s degree in nursing science (MSN) for advanced nursing practice. The program is distance-based to promote maximum flexibility while maintaining quality. Theory and research-based courses prepare our graduates to work in a variety of settings and to provide leadership in health care
The program culminates in a residency tailor-made to the student’s learning needs and career goals.
The program is congruent with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing DNP Essentials and will prepare advanced practice nurses at the highest clinical level. The program is offered in a distance-learning format, delivering the program through online web-based classes.
Upon completion of the DNP program, graduates are eligible for Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, and Executive Nurse Leadership. The DNP program offers the required clinical and didactic courses in all concentrations and more than 1,000 clinical hours.
Courses & Requirements
30-81 Credit Hours
Post-baccalaureate program concentrations will be approximately 81 credit hours.
The post-master’s program will be approximately 30 credit hours and will be available to:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Specialists
- Psychiatric Mental Health NPs
- Nurse Executive Leadership
The post-master’s program for non-certified nurses is variable credit based on transcripts.
Full and part-time status is available. The Radford University DNP program is tailored toward specific concentrations that are well suited for rural care scenarios.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
Radford University Resources Available To Students Enrolled Via RHEC:
- Radford University Bookstore
- McConnell Library
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Center for Accessibility Services
- Military Resource Center
- Financial Aid Office
- Career Center at Radford University
- Division of Student Affairs
- Division of Information Technology (Radford University 25 station Computer Lab on Site at RHEC)