Fall Protection Trainer
About the Program
Offered by the Chesapeake Region Safety Council, this course will be held at the Roanoke Higher Education Center, Host Training Organization.
FALLS ARE THE LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH IN CONSTRUCTION. In 2021, there were 390 fatal falls out of the 951 construction fatalities (BLS data). These deaths are preventable. This course will help you plan, prepare and deliver fall protection training to your workers to prevent injuries and fatalities from falls.
This program provides the elements to develop a good Fall Protection Training Program to include:
- Determine fall protection training needs
- Identify goals and objectives
- Identify materials and information necessary to train employees
- Develop learning activities (i.e., lecture, on-the-job, hands-on, discussion, or a combination of all of these)
- Conduct the training each student will be responsible to develop and present an assigned topic on fall protection to the class and be evaluated on that presentation.
- Evaluate the Program
Prerequisite: In order to attend this course you must have completed the OSHA 3115 Fall Protection course within the last 12 months and provide the CRSC with a copy of your course completion certificate.
Upon completion of both the OSHA 3115 and the Fall Protection Train the Trainer Course, as presented by the Chesapeake Region Safety Council, meet the Competent Person (CP) 24 hour training requirement in Section 21.C.04 of the new EM 385-1-1 USACE Safety and Health Requirements Manual. The OSHA 3115 (3 day course) and the Fall Protection Train the Trainer course (1 day) are independent and must be registered for separately.
Course Includes: A student binder and a USB which includes:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Video clips
- Test questions
- Additional resource information for fall protection
- Lunch and refreshments
Please note, to register for this course you must have completed the OSHA 3115 FALL PROTECTION and pass the course exam with an 80% or higher.
Member Price: $265
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply