Higher Education Assessment Specialist Certificate
About the Program
JMU | Certificate | Online – As a leader in assessment, JMU’s Center for Assessment and Research Studies and the faculty members of the Assessment and Measurement Ph.D. program receive frequent requests for trainings, workshops and presentations on assessment practice by institutions and individuals who are trying to meet accreditation and accountability demands. This certificate is designed to meet that need by assisting institutions in developing their own expertise while recognizing that busy assessment practitioners desire professional development that fits into their busy lives.
This online certificate program will provide you with the most up-to-date information about assessment practice in higher education and help you develop skills to apply that knowledge at your institution.
JMU’s Higher Education Assessment Specialist graduate certificate program offers professional development and certification for those wishing to engage in assessment practice at institutions of higher education. All coursework is delivered entirely online, making it convenient for your busy schedule.
- Assessment practitioner, primarily in higher education
Courses & Requirements
12 Credit Hours
The Higher Education Assessment Certificate is 100% online and highly interactive. By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Discuss policy issues in higher education and how policy affects assessment practice in colleges and universities.
- Develop professional assessment skills, including instrument design and consultation, through applied projects and experiences.
- Participate in all phases of the assessment process working on an assessment-related experience at his or her home institution.
- Develop, select, and critique higher education assessment instruments guided by modern validity theory.
- Identify the appropriate measurement tools and statistical analyses needed for common assessment situations.
- Develop communication skills necessary for assessment practice including: interpersonal, consultation, and professional etiquette.
Cost & Financial Aid
$ 412.00 per credit hour; In-state
$ 422.00 per credit hour; Out-of-state
Learn more about financial aid opportunities at JMU.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
Learn more about student support resources available to JMU students.