Interdisciplinary Studies with Elementary Education Licensure
About the Program
RU | Bachelor’s | Hybrid – Radford University has been preparing teachers since its establishment in 1910. Since the program requires a major in interdisciplinary studies, students are also prepared for other careers requiring a broad liberal arts background, especially those in which they must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. Students who are admitted to Radford University must also make separate application within one semester of admission to the Radford University Teacher Prep Program which has a separate set of criteria outlined in curriculum description.
Graduates of this program are eligible for a VA preK-6th grade teaching license. The employment rate for students pursuing licensure to teach at Radford University is currently 94 percent. This program also provides the foundation for continuing in such careers as literacy education, school counseling, special education, curriculum development, principalship and supervision.
Courses & Requirements
122 Credit Hours
Approximately 62 hrs from community college, including 15 additional hrs beyond A.S., which should be selected in consultation with RU adviser. 60 credits delivered through Radford University.
Cost & Financial Aid
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
- On-site meetings with RU Faculty Advisor/Program Coordinator, Dr. Egan Green
- Textbooks ordered online and shipped to Roanoke students at no cost
- Radford University Computer Lab On-site
- Center for Accessibility Services
- McConnell Library Services for Extended Campus Students
- On-site service staff
How to Apply
It is strongly recommended that prospective students arrange for pre-admission consultation to determine you will meet the university AND program admissions criteria at the time of matriculation into RU. These consultations are available at the RHEC office. A Roanoke Degree Program application will be provided within the context of the consultation. Deadline June 1.