About the Program
VT | Certificate | On-site – Our Leadership Academy is a training series focused on developing skills necessary for navigating 21st century challenges and opportunities. Participants attend class once a month over a 9 month period and participate in four, one-on-one professional coaching sessions. During their monthly interactive and engaging classes, participants will experience discussions that provide valuable feedback, examine case studies that are relevant to workplace situations and be introduced to materials that identify best practices to guide today’s leaders.
Courses & Requirements
- Create an Inclusive Workplace
- Adaptive Leadership
- Making Smart Decisions
- Emotional Intelligence
- Language for Leader
- Ethical Leadership
- Creativity and Innovation in the Workplace
Cost & Financial Aid
The cost of the certificate program is $2,549, which includes instruction, coaching, materials, lunches, refreshments, and CEUs.
Requests for financial assistance should be directed to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid in Blacksburg, 540-231-5179.
The Virginia Tech Roanoke Center programs are primarily for part-time students and financial assistance is unavailable. Virginia K-12 teachers under contract usually have reduced tuition at state universities. Contact the School of Education at (540) 231-1802 for more information.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
As a student of Virginia Tech, you will have access to:
- Computer lab
- Exam proctoring
- Video conferencing
- Project Management Courses-prep for PMP Exam
- Continuing and professional education programs
- Virginia Tech Roanoke Center website