About the Program
MBU | Master’s | Online – In keeping with the Mary Baldwin leadership tradition, the MEd prepares teachers as leaders, with the expectation that they will remain in their positions and become instructional leaders as well as school/community leaders in a variety of roles. Serving as strong role models to their students, student parents, and fellow colleagues, they will strengthen all aspects of their work as professional educators.
**Please note that this degree is not intended to prepare school administrators for licensure.
- Curriculum developer
- Higher education instructor
- Child care director
- Educational policy developer
Cost & Financial Aid
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Deadlines for applications are as follows:
Fall – July 31
Spring – November 15
Summer – April 15
Applications will require:
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary work
- Two letters of reference from professional
- A goal statement essay
- Praxis Core Scores
Prospective students are encouraged to meet with an education adviser in the most convenient regional location to review admission requirements and determine the best plan of study.