Lean Six Sigma
About the Program
JMU | Certificate | Online – Lean Six Sigma is a powerful, deployment strategy for business process improvement in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness. The key principles used include:
- Focus on the customer
- Identify and understand how the work gets done
- Manage, improve and smooth the process flow
- Remove unnecessary and redundant steps and wastes
- Manage by fact and data
- Systematically improve process activity
- Continuous quality improvement
With Lean Six Sigma certification, you will be prepared to support organizational change through project management, communication, and technical process improvement.
40-80 contact hours (noncredit CEUs)
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are participants in Six Sigma projects and the foundation of the process. They understand problem solving, data collection, data interpretation, variation, process capability, and cost analysis. Green Belts often assist Black Belts on larger initiatives and lead smaller scale projects.
A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt demonstrates to an employer that you are trained in advanced problem solving skills and the statistical tools needed to effectively lead process improvement. You will improve team leadership skills, gain an advanced understanding of team dynamics, and assign team member roles and responsibilities with a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Interdisciplinary management/leadership – healthcare, IT, logistics/transportation
Cost & Financial Aid
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – $2995
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – $4995
*Federal financial aid is not available for noncredit programs therefore the FAFSA is not required.
Private loan option is available.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
No application required.
Program Requirements: To ensure our graduates are prepared for the challenging education in this program, we require:
- At least four years of professional work experience OR a four-year degree in any field
- An understanding of basic mathematical functions
- Access to the internet with high-speed connection (courses are taught exclusively in an online environment)
To enroll in Six Sigma Black Belt, you also must have a Green Belt certification either through JMU or another institution.