Lean Six Sigma
About the Program
Lean Six Sigma is a powerful, deployment strategy for business process improvement in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness. The key principles used include:
- Focus on the customer
- Identify and understand how the work gets done
- Manage, improve and smooth the process flow
- Remove unnecessary and redundant steps and wastes
- Manage by facts and data
- Systematically improve process activity
- Continuous quality improvement
With Lean Six Sigma certification, you will be prepared to support organizational change through project management, communication, and technical process improvement.
40-80 contact hours (noncredit CEUs)
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are participants in Six Sigma projects and the foundation of the process. They understand problem-solving, data collection, data interpretation, variation, process capability, and cost analysis. Green Belts often assist Black Belts on larger initiatives and lead smaller scale projects.
A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt demonstrates to an employer that you are trained in advanced problem-solving skills and the statistical tools needed to effectively lead process improvement. You will improve team leadership skills, gain an advanced understanding of team dynamics, and assign team member roles and responsibilities with a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Interdisciplinary management/leadership – healthcare, IT, logistics/transportation
*Federal financial aid is not available for noncredit programs therefore the FAFSA is not required.
Private loan option is available.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
Learn more about student support resources available to JMU students.