Mathematics Education Certificate
About the Program
RU | Certificate | Online – This 18-hour graduate certificate program may be taken as a stand-alone certificate or as the content concentration of the M.S. in Education: Content Area Studies Concentration. Some students may have completed Master’s programs in fields that may not include mathematics courses, such as in education.
This Post-baccalaureate certificate meets the needs of individuals by helping them advance their mathematical preparation for teaching. Further, the 18 credit hours of mathematics required for this certificate program provides the necessary mathematical background needed for teaching dual enrollment and college courses.
Courses & Requirements
18 credit hours
MATH 600. Foundations of the Number System (3)
MATH 623. Algebraic Reasoning and Mathematical Structures (3)
MATH 641. Mathematical Analysis and Modeling (3)
MATH 630. Algebra and Functions (3)
MATH 635. Euclidean and Non-Euclidean Geometry (3)
STAT 644. Applied Statistics (3)
Cost & Financial Aid
Non Degree Seeking Students
As a general rule, those who are admitted as a non-degree seeking student are not eligible for financial aid. Federal regulations do require a student to be working towards a degree to be eligible to receive financial aid funds. There are two exceptions to this regulation, if you are enrolled in an initial required teacher certification program for the state in which you will teach, or if you are taking prerequisite coursework required for admission to a degree program at Radford University. If you think you may qualify for financial aid under one of these circumstances, please submit the recommended paperwork to the financial aid office for review.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
As a student of Radford University, you will have access to:
- McConnell Library
- Center for Accessibility Services – CAS serves and supports students, family members and visitors seeking reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Radford University Bookstore – Order textbooks online and have them delivered to you at home or business
- Harvey Knowledge Center
- International Admissions
How to Apply
Applicants for the certificate must meet existing admissions standards for the M.S. in Education: Mathematics Education Concentration.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on all undergraduate coursework
- Official GRE score
- Two letters of professional recommendation
- Personal letter of application
Compensatory application materials or interview required to assess applicants who do not meet all entrance requirements
Applications are accepted on a rolling admission basis.