MFA in Design Thinking
About the Program
RU | Master’s | Online – The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Design Thinking graduate degree program is a 100% online, terminal degree graduate program that provides students with in-depth experiences in using the design process to solve complex problems. While enrolled in this graduate program, students participate in interdisciplinary teams using creative and multifaceted design methodologies that address international issues.
Courses & Requirements
60 credit hours | Course Checklist
THE MFA IN DESIGN THINKING PROVIDES AN APPROACH THAT FOCUSES ON:
Design Thinking – The theories and methods relative to creative cognition;
Design History – The historical and political context of design;
Design Research – The science of design grounded in research and scholarship;
Design Management – The dynamics of team work and management; and
Design Doing – The experimental opportunities in virtual studios with team-based solutions.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
As a student of Radford University, you will have access to:
- McConnell Library
- Center for Accessibility Services – CAS serves and supports students, family members and visitors seeking reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Radford University Bookstore – Order textbooks online and have them delivered to you at home or business
- Harvey Knowledge Center
- International Admissions
How to Apply
Because the MFA in Design Thinking is a 100% online graduate degree program, students hale from a variety of backgrounds. The diversity of the student body is one of the program’s positive attributes. Students may apply to the MFA in Design Thinking program through Radford University’s College of Graduate Studies and Research. Please review program admissions requirements.