OSHA 511 – Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry
About the Program
Working with the Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, RHEC offers a wide selection of OSHA training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
OSHA 511 course covers OSHA Standards, policies, and procedures in general industry. Topics include scope and application of the OSHA General Industry Standards, general industry principles and special emphasis on those areas in general industry which are most hazardous. Upon course completion students will have the ability to define general industry terms found in the OSHA General Industry Standards, identify hazards which occur in general industry, locate and determine appropriate OSHA General Industry Standards, policies, and procedures, and describe the use of OSHA General Industry Standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program.
- OSHA 511 is a prerequisite for the OSHA #501 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry.
- This course counts toward the Public Sector Safety & Health Fundamentals Certificate Program for General Industry.
- This course counts toward the Healthcare Safety and Health Specialist Certificate Program.
Courses & Requirements
- Introduction to OSHA
- OSH Act
- Citations and Penalties
- Walking and Working Surfaces
- Electrical Safety
- Exit Routes
- Emergency Action Plans
- Fire Prevention Plans and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Safety and Health Programs
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Registration material may be found online, or by calling 1.800.875.4770.
Registration forms can be mailed to: MAOTIEC/Chesapeake Region Safety Council- 2555 Lord Baltimore Dr., Suite N-R, Baltimore, MD 21244 or faxed to 410.281.1350.