OSHA 2264 – Permit-Required Confined Space Entry
About the Program
Working with the Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, RHEC offers a wide selection of OSHA training courses and educational programs to help broaden worker and employer knowledge on the recognition, avoidance, and prevention of safety and health hazards in their workplaces. This training will better enable businesses in the Roanoke Valley be in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
OSHA 2264 covers the safety and health hazards associated with permit-required confined space entry. Course topics include recognition of confined space hazards, identification of permit and non-permit required confined spaces, use of instrumentation to evaluate atmospheric hazards, ventilation techniques, development and implementation of a confined space program, proper signage, and training requirements. This course features workshops on permit entry classification, instrumentation, and program development. Upon course completion students will have the ability to identify permit and non-permit required confined spaces, reference the OSHA Permit-Required Confined Spaces Standard, conduct atmospheric testing, and implement a permit-required confined space program.
Courses & Requirements
- Discuss the requirements and interpretations for permit-required confined space entry
- Discuss the scope, application and key definitions of the permit space standard
- Describe the requirements for permit space programs and the permit system
- Discuss the general training requirements of the permit space standard
- Identify confined space requirements and their limitations
- Explain employee roles in permit space operations
- Identify the common hazards and citations involving confined space entry
- Explain the types of permit space entry
- Identify the responsibilities of host employers and contractors in permit space entry
- Discuss the types of permit space rescue and the employer responsibilities
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
How to Apply
Registration material may be found online at https://www.oshamidatlantic.org/, or call 1.800.875.4770.
Registration forms can be mailed to: MAOTIEC/Chesapeake Region Safety Council- 2555 Lord Baltimore Dr., Suite N-R, Baltimore, MD 21244 or faxed to 410-281-1350.