Reading Specialist K-12
About the Program
This Reading Specialist K-12 endorsement enables successful candidates to work as reading specialists in elementary, middle, or high schools. The program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the International Reading Association.
Cost & Financial Aid
Requests for financial assistance should be directed to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid in Blacksburg, 540-231-5179.
The Virginia Tech Roanoke Center programs are primarily for part-time students and financial assistance is unavailable. Virginia K-12 teachers under contract usually have reduced tuition at state universities. Contact the School of Education at (540) 231-1802 for more information.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
- Computer lab
- Exam proctoring
- Video conferencing
- Continuing and professional education programs
- Virginia Tech Roanoke Center website