A Toolkit for 21st Century Leaders
About the Program
VT | Certificate | On-site – This certificate program offers participants cutting edge leadership development, current trends, top faculty, and training on proven leadership practices. You will enhance your leadership skills critical for navigating 21st century challenges and opportunities while maximizing your immediate impact in any role or industry. Highly dynamic and diverse, the program deploys a variety of leadership strategies through up-to-date case studies, coaching, collaborative group discussion, workshops, and interactive presentations.
The program includes:
- Seven leadership classes focusing on creating an inclusive environment, decision making, adaptive leadership, ethics, innovation, and language
- Professional Emotional Intelligence (EQ-i) assessment
- Four individual coaching sessions
- 4.0 CEUs (continuing education units) from Virginia Tech
50 credit hours | Course Checklist
- Create an Inclusive Workplace
- Adaptive Leadership
- Making Smart Decisions
- Emotional Intelligence
- Language for Leader
- Ethical Leadership
- Creativity and Innovation in the Workplace
Cost & Financial Aid
The cost of the certificate program is $2,549, which includes instruction, coaching, materials, lunches, refreshments, and CEUs.
Requests for financial assistance should be directed to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid in Blacksburg, 540-231-5179.
The Virginia Tech Roanoke Center programs are primarily for part-time students and financial assistance is unavailable. Virginia K-12 teachers under contract usually have reduced tuition at state universities. Contact the School of Education at (540) 231-1802 for more information.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
As a student of Virginia Tech, you will have access to:
- Computer lab
- Exam proctoring
- Video conferencing
- Project Management Courses-prep for PMP Exam
- Continuing and professional education programs
- Virginia Tech Roanoke Center website