Women Initiating New Growth (WINGS)
About the Program
Women Initiating New Growth (WINGS) is a holistic women’s program designed to empower and provide gender-responsive services to women who are re-entering their communities after incarceration.
Women who have been released from incarceration for less than one year are eligible for this program.
We know the path to higher education can be daunting, which is why we’re here to help.
As a student of the Roanoke Higher Education Center, you will have access to:
- Library collections and services
- Computer lab with printer/copier
- Student lounge with high-speed wireless Internet
- Cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Free parking with a student parking pass
As a student of TAP, you will have access to:
- Case management
- Classes on self-esteem, trauma, substance abuse, healthy relationships, and other topics
- Monthly empowerment workshops
- Weekly support groups
- Connections to housing, mental health treatment, transportation, childcare, and more
How to Apply
The WINGS program is located at the Roanoke Higher Education Center, 108 N. Jefferson Street, Suite 509 Roanoke, Virginia. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information, please call 540-915-5193 or 540-977-8356.